If you are interested in studying medicine, Singapore is a prime destination in Asia and even the world. The NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine alternates between being #1 or #2 in Asia, whereas the NTU Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine has a partnership with Imperial, one of the best medical schools in the world.
As such, the two schools only admit a select few to their programmes each year. While top grades are of paramount importance to gaining admission, they are not enough. A prospective applicant needs to have extensive volunteering, medical shadowing, leadership experiences, as well as be able to speak persuasively about their knowledge of and desire to study medicine in the interview stage.
In this introductory webinar, we will discuss topics such as:
- Admissions procedure to Singapore undergraduate medical programmes: Requirements, interview process and deadlines
- Basic format of the BMAT
- Significance of the BMAT to your application profile
- Discuss some official BMAT questions and answers, test structure and strategies
- How COVID-19 will impact your medical school application
- BMAT preparation & application timeline
- Q & A session