All upcoming BMAT courses and their duration, including the regular BMAT Weekend Group Course, BMAT Crash Course and any other special BMAT courses.
- BMAT Weekend Group Course (6 weeks*, Available every weekend)
- BMAT Crash Course (3 weeks*)
*The duration refers to the no. of days/weeks that will take to cover all fundamental BMAT concepts only
All Upcoming BMAT Course(s)
Students who are interested in a trial class can register here.
June Group (Weekend): June 10, 2023
- Critical Thinking 1 on June 10, 2023 9:30 am
- Problem Solving 1 on June 18, 2023 1:30 pm
- Biology on June 24, 2023 9:30 am
- Problem Solving 2 on July 2, 2023 1:30 pm
- Critical Thinking 2 on July 8, 2023 9:30 am
- Essay Writing on July 16, 2023 1:30 pm
- Physics 1 on July 22, 2023 9:30 am
- Chemistry on July 30, 2023 1:30 pm
- Problem Solving 3 on August 5, 2023 9:30 am
- Physics 2 on August 13, 2023 1:30 pm
- Math on August 19, 2023 9:30 am
Concept Class Topics
- Problem Solving: Number Properties, Birthdays and Dates, Time Delays, Rates, Clocks, Combinatorics, Probability, Logical reasoning, Spatial Reasoning, Percentages, Ratios, Proportions, Statistics, Interpreting Graphs & Tables
- Critical Thinking: Identifying the Main Conclusion, Drawing a Conclusion, Identifying an Assumption, Assessing the Impact of Additional Evidence (weaken/strengthen), Detecting Reasoning Errors, Matching Arguments, Applying Principles
Scientific Knowledge & Applications
- Math: Numbers, Exponents, Equations, Inequalities, Geometry, Solid Geometry, Trigonometry
- Chemistry: Atomic Structure, The Periodic Table & Group Chemistry, Chemical Bonding, Chemical Reactions & Equations, Quantitative Chemistry, Rates of Reactions, Energetics, Electrochemistry, Organic Chemistry
- Biology: Cell Structure & Division, Principles of Inheritance, DNA, Biotechnology, Enzymes & Metabolism, Human Physiology
- Physics: Electricity, Magnetism, Mechanics, Thermal physics, Matter, Waves, Radioactivity, Phase, Nuclear Fission & Fusion
- Essay Writing: Essay topics (sample prompts), Essay Approach (suggested timing, choosing a question), Essay Planning (interpreting the statement, making a counterargument, taking a position), Essay Structure, Common Mistakes, Sample Essays
BMAT Key Dates 2023
In the past years, there were two BMAT test dates, one in September and the other in November. In 2022, Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing only released one date for the BMAT – 18 October 2022. Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing has yet to release 2023’s test date(s).
All test takers please take note: Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing is to withdraw from running BMAT with effect from 2024-5. For the academic year 2024/25 onwards, the seven UK medical schools that use BMAT tests as part of their admissions process (Brighton and Sussex, Imperial, Lancaster, UCL, Cambridge, Leeds and Oxford), Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, NTU, as well as medical and healthcare schools in other countries will put alternative arrangements in place.
“I managed to get an offer from NUS and NTU and the deadline to make the decision was 24th May so I’ve made the decision to go to NUS.
I really think Prep Zone helped me a lot. It was the reason I got a good UCAT score and a pretty decent BMAT score. The interview preparation was the most helpful of all and when I went for my local med school interviews, it was a lot more doable for me because I had so much practice. All the teachers were super nice, supportive and accommodative and I really appreciate all the help. I think the MMI stimulation really helped me as well and it allowed me to be less nervous before the real interview.
Thank you so much.”
“All the trainers at Prep Zone were always available to provide valuable advice so I could do the best I could in my UCAT and BMAT.”
“The classes were good and the facilitators were very knowledgeable.”
“I just wanted to say thank you for all the course material and guidance from the BMAT trainers. The weekend classes together with the practice tests made preparing for the test a lot more manageable. Really couldn’t have gotten these scores without it all. Once again, thank you!”