Table Of Contents
All BMAT candidates please take note:
As announced by Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing, this year represents the final year for candidates to take the BMAT as it will no longer be administered starting next year.
Before we dive into the preparation timeline, here are several things for BMAT candidates to take note of.
- Applicants to the LKC Medicine MBBS programme, NTU Singapore for the AY2024-25 intake onwards will be required to sit for the University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT) as part of the entry requirements. The BMAT will no longer be accepted from the 2024 admissions exercise. For the current AY2023-24 admissions exercise, applicants will continue to apply to LKC Medicine with their BMAT results.
- For the academic year 2024/25 onwards, UK medical schools that use BMAT tests as part of their admissions process will put alternative arrangements in place.
- List of UK schools that accept BMAT – October 2023 for 2024 entry
– Imperial College London
– Lancaster University
– University College London
– University of Cambridge
– University of Oxford
– Brighton and Sussex Medical School (to be confirmed)
– University of Leeds (to be confirmed)
Here's our recommended test prep timeline:
With only 7 months left to prepare for the BMAT, here’s a rough guide to help get you started. Keep in mind that you should tailor your preparation timeline to your individual needs and circumstances.
February – July:
- Get familiar with the BMAT format and content, address your weaknesses and start building up critical thinking skills through practice questions.
- Focus on improving time management skills and completing sections within time limits.
August – October:
- As the test date approaches, focus on consolidating your knowledge and skills. Make a revision plan and try to cover all the areas you feel less confident in. Keep practicing with past papers and time yourself as you complete the sections.
Approaching test date – October 18th:
- By this time, you should be well-prepared for the BMAT. Go through the test day instructions and make sure you have all the required documents ready.
Remember, with the BMAT being offered for the last time this year, it’s essential to start preparing already and give yourself the best chance of success.
Overall BMAT preparation timeline, including application process:
Need help with the BMAT? Sign-up for a trial class with us today!
For any additional inquiries regarding our course or the trial class, contact our hotline at +65 6812 9999.